goober n : pod of the peanut vine containing usually 2 nuts or seeds; `groundnut' and `monkey nut' are British terms [syn: peanut, earthnut, goober pea, groundnut, monkey nut]
EtymologyFrom etyl kg nguba.
- Rhymes with: -uːbə(r)
Goober may refer to:
- the peanut, Arachis hypogaea
- "Goober Peas", a traditional folk song mostly known in the southern United States
- Chocolate-coated peanut, a popular concession stand snack
- Goober Pyle, fictional auto mechanic in the 1960s sitcom The Andy Griffith Show
- Goober and the Ghost Chasers, 1970s Saturday morning cartoon
- Goober, a derogatory contemporary word similar in meaning to idiot
- Australian slang for semen.